|Salary:||Dependent on experience|
|Closing Date:||October 29, 2021|
|Applications for this position have now closed|
[PIAS] develop and support a well utilised data warehouse, analytics and environment using Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SSIS, Amazon Web Services and Tableau. We also support and maintain royalties and repertoire systems to keep the business running.
- Initiating, owning, tracking and resolving database data integration related incidents, fulfilling requests, reviewing service related reports (e.g.: maintenance, monitoring, SSIS load reports) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs
- Responding to data load and database related alerts and escalations, and working on strategic solutions to recurring data problems.
- Managing all data integration processes from end to end to ensure timely, accurate delivery of data.
- Working with suppliers when required to ensure that data quality and technical issues are corrected.
- Regular monitoring and maintenance on databases and storage is a key part of the role.
- There are opportunities to make a difference by automating as much of this as possible.
- Monitoring the production SSIS and Oracle based data integration processes.
- Respond to data load and database related alerts and escalations.
- Provide updates to IT Help Desk colleagues of ongoing technical incidents.
- Effectively resolve operational and technical support requests and incidents.
- Monitoring file movements, contacting suppliers to resolve where issues are identified.
- Identifying bugs and scoping out remedial work to resolve.
- Identifying, scoping and improving existing processes and procedures.
- Working with internal and external stake holders at all levels.
- Providing high quality customer service.
- Create and maintain documentation for new and existing systems or products.
This role requires a service and support oriented mentality, a strong sense of ownership of assigned problems, requests and development tasks. The successful candidate will need to communicate with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiate and perform changes on production systems, proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within established timeframes and commit to provide top class service to the Business.
Essential Technical Skills
- ETL – Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL scripting (e.g. advanced stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, error handling, optimization, hints, application and maintenance of indices).
- Tangible experience of logical and physical database design processes
- Tangible experience of working with large data sets.
- Demonstrable ability to create and maintain windows batch scripts.
- A willingness to pro-actively learn new technical skills as our systems evolve. For example, our 2022 roadmap will see us integrate internal systems using Mulesoft as well as migrating to Cloud.
Beneficial Technical Skills
- Use of Tableau as a reporting tool
- Experience of Snowflake, Athena and other cloud-based technologies
- Exposure to Matillion and Mulesoft
- Oracle or MS SQL DBA exposure
- Change Management Procedures
- Ability to work with a Windows Server environment with an understanding of SQL clustering.
- Ability to work with other support teams to troubleshoot a variety of IT related technical issues.
- Experience of supporting and maintaining client server applications
- Experience of other IT support or Help Desk roles
- Query Performance Optimisation
- Use of Bit Bucket for Source Control
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Articulates a vision for the team that really inspires their confidence, trust, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to translate user requests into technical requirements or fixes.
- Act with Integrity and confidentiality, protecting the business always.
- Organised, efficient, and effective
- Languages would be real advantage
[PIAS] embraces diversity. We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the [PIAS] team. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We expect all our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company forward around the globe.