|Location:||London, United Kingdom|
|Closing Date:||September 10, 2021|
|Applications for this position have now closed|
We are looking for a talented and hard-working Designer to join our team! This is a great opportunity for a Designer looking to keep their practice multidisciplinary and varied, as the range of styles and aesthetics we create for our artists and labels are as diverse as the music they produce.
As a very, very, small in-house creative team, we have a can-do attitude and can work on all aspects and stages of a campaign — from concept and development, to production and delivery. The role will require you to lead on your own campaigns, as well as execute the Art Direction of others; translating creative concepts across multi-platform deliverables. From a digital banner ad to a vinyl boxset, you will need to be equally motivated working on your own concepts or doing the nitty-gritty following existing creative parameters.
You will be diligent and ambitious (both creatively and mentally), and comfortable handling a fast paced workflow that demands great time and project management to meet deadlines (if you are a junior applicant, you will be mentored through project management and guided where needed). You will have a contemporary design style and a good eye for detail, an innovative approach of design and a knowledge that you apply with passion and care. You will enjoy the freedom of creative experimentation and capitalise on failures.
- Design visual concepts for artists’ identities, artwork, and campaigns: album/EP/single/best of (physical and digital), with the Art Director and/or autonomously
- Translate concepts into different formats, develop graphics and supporting assets for a wide range of applications and needs (print/digital, motion/static): visualisers, lyrics video, teasers and pre-roll/B-roll, product mockups, social media contents and banners, marketing and retail ads (digital/print), animated packshots, social contents and activations, AR filters.
- Work closely with our marketing and digital teams on the above and on creative, disruptive, ideas for campaigns
- Design physical products and prepare artwork for print: design packaging and graphics for a delivered concept, work in templates, liaise with our reprographics team and oversee production
- Liaise directly with artists and/or their management to come up with ideas
- Help commission freelance creatives where needed, to support the progress of projects (animators, motion designers, videographers, photographers…)
- Assist on shoot production (photo/video) for music videos, artwork or press shots
- Excellent knowledge of the key softwares from the Adobe Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects
- Graphic and visual design, and knowledge of best practices
- Motion graphics
- Digital and print production; artworking
- Basic photo and video editing — skills behind the camera are useful too, but not essential (behind the scenes, unboxing, product shots etc)
- Familiarity with web-development/html/CSS is useful, but not essential. A working knowledge of platforms like Webflow, Figma or Squarespace is valued and would be preferred
- Ability to work across multiple projects at a time and handle short deadlines
- Ability to define your own briefs (in consultation with artist to define their needs and goals)
- Good communicator, polite and with a positive attitude (whether dealing with artists or wider team)
- Supportive of a culture of diversity, exploration and creative innovation
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunities, failures and successes
- Motivated, hard-working, curious and keen to learn new things
- Organised, effective, resourceful and pro-active
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Gravitas and integrity
- A passion for music is ideal
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- 2/3+ years working in design (in-house, freelance, design studio/agency)
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong contemporary design practice, with print and digital graphic and visual design work, motion and/or video (some work relative to music would be a plus)
[PIAS] embraces diversity. We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the [PIAS] team. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We expect all our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company forward around the globe.