|Location:||London, United Kingdom|
|Salary:||Dependent on experience|
|Closing Date:||June 19, 2022|
|Applications for this position have now closed|
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer with a dotted line into the Group IT Director, the Product Owner is responsible for what is effectively the shop window for our company – the [Integral] Portal. This key product is used both internally and by our customers as the means for crucial tactical and strategic decisions. The role involves the full product life cycle from inception to strategic roadmap delivery. Candidates must be comfortable in demonstrating the value of planned and delivered work as determined by the Strategic Systems Board (SSB).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Own, prioritise, and maintain the product and delivery backlog, including definition of epics, user stories, acceptance criteria to achieve product vision.
- Work with the Engineering team to help establish and reinforce disciplined software development processes and best-practices.
- Help select features, design and optimise [Integral] Portal to deliver maximum value.
- Collaborate early and often with a cross-functional team of Development Manager, UX designer, Tech Lead, business SMEs, developers, and others to develop and execute against the agreed Portal roadmap, product and project plans
- Work with Portfolio Owner, SME’s, stakeholders and development teams to break-down epic-level user stories into detail-level stories consumable and testable by an agile tech team / squad
- Manage, prioritise, and assess the impact of defects and obstacles, including providing key input on the decisions to fix or defer
- Review, accept, and prioritise feedback and new requirements from product and key business stakeholders
- Accept completed deliverables and evaluate delivered work against functional and non- functional requirements
- Work with team members to ensure the product functionality is appropriately documented, prioritised and sequenced
- Assist customer support teams to develop and implement trainings and communications that allow partners and internal clients to better understand the product and changes that are implemented
- Participate in planning activities and proactively partner with business analysts to ensure alignment on dependent platforms
- Obtain full alignment with Development Manager on functionality and scope for execution
- Identify and extend in collaboration with business stakeholders third party data sources of information to drive competitive advantage
- Define and implement communication strategy between customers, stakeholders and engineering
- Run the prioritisation and planning of deliverables
- Own alignment of product backlog to strategic roadmaps and demonstrate the value of planned and delivered work to strategic roadmaps as determined by the Portfolio Owner
- Take a lead role in engaging business partners and various stakeholders to understand requirements, pain points, hidden needs and expected outcomes
- Serve as voice of the customer with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customer perspective throughout the product realisation cycle
Subject Matter Expertise
- Act as the [Integral] Portal subject-matter expert
- Demonstrate expertise in one’s respective domain; stay abreast on trends in customer needs and expectations
- Provide input into the strategic product roadmap owned by senior management by leveraging knowledge of the products value stream and system interactions to identify when new features or product changes are needed to achieve optimal business outcomes
Skills and experience:
- 5 years’ experience in leading teams or process improvement initiatives
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritise diverse elements of complex projects for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results- strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail and focuses on root-cause analysis
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated through experience and results
- An appreciation of international business
- French would be an advantage
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Several years of experience in delivering ground breaking, disruptive solutions in fast paced industries.
- Overall understanding of technologies used on the product (Jira, Confluence, Matillion, Snowflake, Tableau, Low code development E.g. Outsystems/Retool/Mendix etc.)
- Prior experience working as a Product Owner in an Agile Transformation
- Ability to mentor and educate.
- Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products
- Knowledge of how to define the product
[PIAS] embraces diversity. We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the [PIAS] team. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We expect all our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company forward around the globe.