|Location:||London, United Kingdom|
|Salary:||Dependent on experience|
|Closing Date:||June 13, 2022|
|Applications for this position have now closed|
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Technical Lead is responsible for the end to end architecture and delivery of the Portal technical solutions working along side the Group Technical Architect. They are also responsible for assisting the Product Owner and UI/UX designer in aligning the product backlog to strategic roadmaps while demonstrating the value of planned and delivered work as determined by the Product Owner.
As the technical lead, you will oversee the company’s Portal development team and all projects they undertake, analyse briefs, write progress reports, identify risks, and develop work schedules. You should be able to work with your team, mentor and inspire them to reach their goals.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Determine optimal technical solutions to meet product requirements and develop work schedules for the team.
- Architect end to end technical solutions to achieve effective, efficient, and economical product deliverables aligned to Portal roadmap.
- Delegate tasks and achieve sprint & quarterly planning goals in collaboration with the Product Owner and Development Manager.
- Liaise with team members, management, and clients to ensure product deliverables are completed to a high standard.
- Identify risks and form appropriate contingency plans.
- Analyse existing technical operations and schedule training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Mentor and develop technical staff.
- Keep up-to-date with industry and technical trends and developments.
- Update work schedules and perform troubleshooting as required.
- Motivate staff and create a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes to continually improve.
- Write progress reports and deliver presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Relevant technical certification may be required.
- Deep proven experience of Cloud deliverables utilising AWS, Matillion, ELT, Snowflake, Tableau, Web and Low/No Code solutions.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Outstanding technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and organisational abilities.
- Great attention to detail and focuses on root-cause analysis
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a servant leader to ensure the success of the product implementation and team effectiveness
- Experience with backlog creation and management in common tools (Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Prior experience working with a Product Owner in an Agile Transformation environment
- Overall understanding of technologies like Matillion, Snowflake, Tableau/Looker, Low code development E.g. Outsystems/Retool/Mendix etc.
[PIAS] embraces diversity. We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the [PIAS] team. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We expect all our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company forward around the globe.