|Location:||London, United Kingdom|
|Salary:||Dependent on experience|
|Closing Date:||June 19, 2022|
|Applications for this position have now closed|
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Development Manager, the UI/UX designer will be responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our Portal. The successful candidate will evidence a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
You will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimised for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Investigate user experience design requirements for our business critical portal.
- Develop and conceptualise a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the PIAS brand.
- Produce high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Design UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets.
- Test UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages.
- Collaborate with the Product owner, Tech Lead and SMEs to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for internal & external customers.
- Provide advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyse and predict user behavior.
- Define and implement style standards on typography and graphic design within brand guidelines.
- Help develop a library of dynamic, reusable UI components to help speed time to delivery.
- Liaise with team members, management, and clients to ensure UI/UX deliverables are completed to a high standard.
- Identify risks and form appropriate contingency plans.
- Keep up-to-date with industry and UI/UX trends and developments.
- Write progress reports and deliver presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years UI/UX design experience for digital products or services.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, InVision, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Highly creative
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to mentor and educate.
- Several years of experience in delivering ground breaking, disruptive solutions in fast paced industries.
- Experience with backlog creation and management in common tools (Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Prior experience working with a Product Owner in an Agile Transformation environment
- Ability to manage stakeholders and their expectations
- Interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with team members and customers
- Knowledge of how to define the technical roadmap
- Outstanding communication, presentation, active listening and leadership skills
- Organisational and time management skills
- High level understanding of technologies such as visualisation tools like Tableau/Looker etc, and/or Low code development tools like Outsystems/Retool/Mendix etc.
[PIAS] embraces diversity. We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the [PIAS] team. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We expect all our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company forward around the globe.